- Many of the chemotherapy agents cause thrombophlebitis of the peripheral (hand) veins
- In treatment plans when such drugs can’t be skipped or the regimen is a bit lengthy we prefer to use this special devices.
- They are PORTS or Hickman Catheter’s or PICC line as used in Breast, Colon, Blood Cancer, certain Pediatric cancers and BMT.
- Advantages being one time job making the IN access very simple painfree smooth which avoids any further pricing/poking!!
- They merit proper handling and regular dressing which involves expertise to avoid extravasation and infections
- We request NOT to compare as TWO cancers or TWO Treatments are NEVER SAME (even if it is about 2 cases of SAME CANCER)
- Although these are a bit costly later we all realize and except that they prove to be very Cost effective!!